We often find that we feel heavy, tired with general malaise, after the holiday or tours, it is due to the accumulation of toxins in our body, some people may feel heartburn, others may have gas and others may feel nauseous.
The signs you feel because a body is intoxicated, it is not only because you have eaten food in poor condition, but also because of the overload of undigested or partially digested material (Ama = Toxins).
These toxins (Ama) can come from food and alcohol, as well as from emotions that we have experienced during the holidays and we have not managed to manage, which is why we can also feel irritability, lack of concentration, melancholy, and laziness.
For Ayurveda, healthy is feeling happy within us. Indigestion and emotional fluctuations are clear signs that we need to return to our natural balance. Today we will learn some Ayurvedic tips to eliminate toxins and recover your well-being in an ayurvedic way.
How toxins are removed in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda places great emphasis on prevention and encourages the maintenance of health. It recommends various ways to balance in one’s life, by right thinking, right diet, the right way of lifestyle and the use of herbs to balance dosha.
Ayurveda helps one to understand and how to create the balance of body, mind, and consciousness according to one’s own dosha (individual constitution). It recommends how to make lifestyle changes to bring about and maintain this balance.
According to Ayurveda philosophy, every individual has a unique fingerprint. They all have a particular pattern of energy and have its individual combination of mental, physical and emotional characteristics. This characteristics constitution is determined by the conception number of factors and remains the same throughout one’s life.
To balance ones dosha one has to take appropriate actions to nullify or minimize their effects or eliminate the causes of imbalance and re-establish one’s original constitution. Below are the Ayurveda recommendations that help to eliminate toxins according to your dosha.
Eliminate toxins if you are Vata:
- Drink hot water throughout the day.
- Make a minimum of 6 greetings to the sun daily.
- Get a head massage with warm castor oil.
- Take a hot bath with orange and cinnamon essence.
- Start meditating by bringing your attention to your feet, feel how you are rooted and achieve stability on the earth.
- Eat hot, nutritious and unctuous dishes where the sweet, salty and acidic taste in great predominates.
- Avoid cold foods and expose yourself to cold and windy environments.
- Before bed, prepare golden milk with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and a small amount of nutmeg.
Eliminate toxins if you are Pitta:
- Drink warm water throughout the day or fennel infusions after eating.
- Make a minimum of 8 greetings to the moon daily.
- Wash your feet with warm water and get a massage with warm coconut oil.
- Take a bath with warm water and lavender essence.
- Start meditating by bringing your attention to the center of your chest, feel like forgiveness and start giving and receiving unconditional love.
- Eat fresh dishes if it’s hot and boiled if it’s cold, with a little salt and little oil, where the sweet, bitter and astringent taste predominates. Please avoid alcohol and spicy foods.
- Avoid exposing yourself to environments where you are discussing, competing or where conflicts are generated.
- Before bed, take an infusion of licorice (if you don’t have high blood pressure) or chamomile or peppermint.
Eliminate toxins if you are Kapha:
- Drink cinnamon or ginger infusions during the day. Drink hot water.
- Go for a walk in nature and make a minimum of 10 greetings to the sun daily.
- Get dry brushing of your body starting at the feet and ending at the top of your body.
- Take a hot bath with lavender or cinnamon essence.
- Start meditating by bringing your attention to the eyebrows and feel how you disperse through the universe of which you are apart.
- Eat hot dishes, especially those that are baked or grilled. Look for spicy, bitter and astringent flavors.
- Avoid humid and cold environments.
- Before sleeping, drink golden milk with very little ghee but with enough turmeric and pepper.
Remember that being healthy is the most important thing to be able to evolve spiritually because our body and mind are our vehicles of connection with the soul.
In an Ayurvedic lifestyle, it is important to make a multidimensional effort, Ayurveda is not only eating according to our constitution and the seasons, but it is also above all the commitment to observe oneself every day.
The practice of yoga, cleaning of body and mind, the purification of the environment with aromas, the use of gems, the repetition of mantras, daily meditation, the cultivation of compassionate thoughts, gratitude and rest.
The best way to live a healthy life to follow the Ayurvedic lifestyle in your every day life and inspire God that lives within you.