Kidney Diseases have been around us for a long time now. It is significant that if you have chronic kidney disease or are going through dialysis, you stay away from high amounts of phosphorus content. Today we will check out seven diets that you can consume to stay away from dialysis and, at the same time, fight chronic kidney disease.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a nutritious vegetable, and it gives you vital vitamins like vitamin C, K, and vitamin B foliate. It is also an immense source of fiber.
- Blueberries: It is the best source for antioxidants; this fruit helps you prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, cognitive decline, and chronic kidney diseases.
- Sea Bass: Sea bass is an excellent source of healthy fats called omega – 3s. Omega – 3s reduces inflammation and comparatively have a lesser amount of phosphorus than other fishes, as phosphorus is not advised for kidney patients.
- Red Grapes: It is an excellent two-way fruit; it is healthy and tasty. Red grapes are vitamin C rich along with antioxidants called flavonoids. Flavonoids reduce inflammation. Red Grapes is also suitable for patients who are suffering from diabetes, cognitive decline.
- Egg Whites: You might be wondering why not egg yolks; well, they are a bit high in phosphorus content, and hence egg whites are preferred. They are a great source of protein for kidney patients. You can consume egg whites if you are going through dialysis; it is the best option to get protein without much phosphorus content.
- Garlic: Some people hate this spice, and some love them. It is an immense source of manganese, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is no doubt very healthy for everyone out there. Especially for kidney patients, it is a good source of fat and phosphorus-free.